ASOS dress, Jimmy Choo heels, Betsy Johnson necklace
Hello, stranger! I want to first start off by saying thank you so much for all the sweet birthday wishes. I could not have asked for a more fun, quality and special couple of days spent in the City with a handful of my favorite people. We covered a good amount of San Francisco by foot, stopping every few blocks for drinks or a snack, went out to an incredible Spanish dinner that reminded me of my time in Spain, made a family dinner and sat around the table laughing for hours and maybe dropped it like it was hot in the Castro? All I know is I am completely swelled with happiness to have such amazing friends and family in my life. THANK YOU!
I wanted to get this post up before I left to San Francisco but it wasn’t in the cards. In follow up to last year’s birthday post, I figured it was better late than never to know 26 additional quirky things you might not know about me.
1. My friends make fun of me for wearing gloves when I wash dishes.
2. I get really indecisive about small things.
3. I’ve never broken a bone (knock on wood.)
4. I may or may not be listening to Justin Bieber right now.
5. I cry a little when I see roadkill.
6. I used to be a fat kid.
7. Growing up I wanted to be a marine biologist.
8. I don’t like saying the singular form of “eggs.”
9. When I was 18 I competed in the Miss California, USA pageant.
10. Until about six months ago, I thought a barracuda was a land animal.
11. I hate folding sheets.
12. I’ve traveled to more places internationally than I know state capitals – that’s either completely embarrassing or really cool.
13. In 2007 I lived in New York City for a summer doing a fashion design internship.
14. I have a crush on the Thunder From Down Under.
15. I am the worst joke teller.
16. From time to time I like me a good cigar.
17. When I was a kid my favorite food was rice and ketchup.
18. I touch communal surfaces all day but will not touch an escalator handrail.
19. The first movie I ever cried at was ET.
20. If I could travel back in time I’d go back to when dinosaurs were alive.
21. I tell my dog she’s my best friend every day.
22. While brushing my teeth I have to be simultaneously doing something else.
23. I’m almost always listening to music.
24. During my sophomore year of high school I chopped my hair off. Like Victoria Beckham style, minus the Victoria Beckham.
25. I keep cards people give me.
26. I was once a fat, stuffed bluebird in a local play.
*Disclaimer: Unless you share something about yourself these things are never to be used against me for your laughing pleasure or anyone else’s.
Thank you so much for reading!